Founded by Mrs. Anky Rook Maaker in 1968
River of Life
1968:Programs were Institutional providing food shelter clothing and education supported by Red eenKind, TheNetherlands.
- Child Sponsorship for poor orphans and semi orphans.
- Charity approach by Founder and India Partner.
1980- 2000: Day care program was added to the interventions using a welfare approach.
1999: Orissa Super Cyclone Relief and Rehabilitation.
2001: Gujarat Earthquake Relief and Rehabilitation.
2002:Day care program was added to the interventions using a welfare approach.
2003:Day care program implemented using a welfare approach.
2004: Tsunami Relief and Rehabilitation.
2005:Special program for the disabled children was included and welfare approach continued with Partners in India.
2006:Basic Education & Sustainable Economic Development was implemented by partners, supported by Netherland Government.
- Child sponsorship for poor, orphans and semi orphans and disabled children continued.
- Kashmir Earthquake Relief and Rehabilitation work undertaken.
2007:Redesigning of projects at Bengaluru and Chennai enabled community based approach.
- Child sponsorship for orphans and disabled children from Netherland continued.
- Organizational Development and Change Management Workshop at
- Samastipur, Bihar Flood Relief .
2008:Direct implementation of Programs by Help A Child of India
- Child Ambassador Model (CAM) was introduced in Kalahandi, Orissa.
- Kosi River, Bihar Relief and Rehabilitation.
2009:Shift from residential Program to Community Development Program. Eg: Kalahandi, Orissa.
- Shift in approach from welfare to Child Centered Community Development.
- Help A Child of India Projects implemented -Model project for community based interventions
- Child Ambassador Model(CAM) implemented at Madhepura, Bihar.
- Child Sponsorship Project, India- Kalahandi.
- Staff expansion, restructuring and growth.
2011-15: MFS II funded projects and India Sponsored projects.
- Initiation of MFS II projects
- CARENETWORK- Vocational Training and Research Centre
- Bethel Agricultural Fellowship.
- Edugate project
- FBO project.
- Special TVET project.
- Madhepura, Bihar project.
- Directly implemented projects:
- Koraput Child Development Project,Orissa
- Raichur Child Development Project, North Karnataka.
- Online marketing and brand building.
- Directly implemented projects: Dangs, Gujarat, Kalahandi, Odisha(local fund) and Samastipur, Bihar(local funded project).
- Partner implemented projects: Pennagaram andGajapati Child Development Projects.
- Partner implemented projects in Health, Education and disability.
- Directly implemented projects implemented by Help A Child of India’s project teams.
- Participatory Integrated Child Development tools being used for conception of the program.
- New CDPs (Child Development projects) launched through partner as well as directly.
- Urban initiatives for girl child protection launched.
- Uttarakhand Relief Program.
- Strategic Planning Workshops.
- Team Building.
- Character Solutions.
- Girl Child Project launched in Chennai.
- New logo adopted.
- Sustainability Alliance.
- Transformation Alliance Facilitated.
- Ten Cities concept.
- Defining the Strategic Aspirations.
- Intensive designing and responding to call for proposals.
- Relationship building with Alliances and Team building.
- Incorporated Child Character Development Initiatives.
- Help A Child Australia sponsored children in a slum at Kolkata.
- Chennai Flood Relief
- Partnership with Praise Foundation and Ketto Crowd Funding.
- Corporate office in Chennai moved to own premises.
- Complete phase out of homes and Institutions implemented by Partners.
- Child Character Fest at Chennai.
- New Organizational Structure in place.
- 80G grantedand FCRA renewed.
- PMEL(Planning Monitoring Evaluation and Learning) Systems in Place.
- Chennai Urban Program Initiated.
- Adult Literacy Project, Bihar, funded by Tata Consultancy Services(TCS).
- Anita Methodist Matriculation School Social Work Project funded by Greijdanus School, Netherlands.
- Strategic Planning updation for the period 2020 beyond commissioned.
- Vardha cyclone relief at Poondi Child Development Project, Thiruvallur.
- Staff conference in Chennai.
- Kalahandi flood Relief
- Bihar Flood response
- Phase 2 TCS Adult Literacy Project in Bihar.
- Child Safeguard Campaigns for child protection
- Social media for fund raising strengthened.
- Evaluation of projects and strengthening of PMEL systems.
- Former Sponsor children gathered at Help A Child of India Office.